Part II in an occasional series
- Here’s something that you shouldn’t do when you’re home alone at 10 p.m. and you’re easily spooked. You shouldn’t watch a special about the Boston Strangler. Just don’t do it. I think I’ll be sleeping with my eyes propped open until TCBIM gets home.
- I bought a dress on Friday. It looks fanTAStic on me. Of course, I forgot my camera, so you’ll just have to take my word for it, but it did. But high heels? Ouch. I’d forgotten how much they hurt. even if they were adorable, peep-toed, black satin lovlies.
- And I got a push-em-up-where-they-belong bra that made me look va-va-voom. It was a men-talking-to-my-cleavage kind of evening. Which was kind of nice, since I have felt like frump girl for a mighty long time.
- Having more than two drinks after three years of being pregnant/nursing and only having the odd glass of wine every few weeks is a Very Bad Idea. We went to a wedding on Saturday – thus the buying of the dress – and I had several drinks. Sunday was mostly spent lazing around, dozing on the couch.
- O had an appointment at Joslin today. It went well. Her 14- and 7-day average was 146, which is fantastic. She had a few lows in those two weeks, which the doctor wants me to watch. And we have to be more vigilant about changing her site every two days. We’ve been letting it go for three or four and it’s starting to show in her arms and belly. There is some scarring and she’s had a couple of infected sites.
- I have to call Minimed tomorrow and get her on the Quicksets. We haven’t tried them in two years – she started off using them and they’d crimp up on her. One time, she was sent into DKA and wound up in the hospital for a few days. It sucked.
- She’s also gained 9 lbs in three months. This concerns me more than the endo, who seemed to think it was from feeding the insulin. Regardless, something needs to be done about it, before O becomes more than just a little pudgy. I don’t want to harp on her about her weight, but I also don’t want to let her get fat.
- The parking garage at Joslin still sucks ass.
- And I was gone for twelve hours today. Twelve. I drove from one end of the state to the other and I am tired. G’night.