Sandra posted this meme. Thank goodness she did, otherwise this would be another bitch-fest post. I can hear your sighs of relief from up here.
1. Do you still have tonsils?
Yep. And my appendix, too.
2. Would you bungee jump?
Not on your life.
3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be?
Professional student and published writer.
4. How many tattoos do you have?
None. Yet. But I want to get a Jizo tattoo at some point. I love the symbolism of him.
5. Your favorite fictional animal?
6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
My friend Caragh. Who lives in Ireland, dammit.
And Eddie Izzard. Sadly, I don’t actually know him.
7. Do you consider yourself well organized?
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Um, no.
8. Any Addictions?
Coffee. Dark chocolate, especially if it’s from these guys.
9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
CNN (I have the hots for Anderson Cooper), NPR and The New Yorker.
10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
Carnival. Circuses are smelly, I always feel bad for the animals and there are clowns there. I re-e-e-e-e-eally don’t like clowns.
11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Second choice: veterinarian.
12. Best Movie You’ve Seen This Year?
Ummmm… I have no idea. I don’t watch that many movies and none of them have stuck with me enough to say they were the best. I am highly (ha! highly) enjoying season one of Weeds, though.
13.Favorite alcoholic drink
Good red wine
Gin & Tonic
14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Nurse the baby.
One hippy dippy, earthy crunchy sister.
16. What is the best thing about your job?
The spontaneous hugs and kisses.
17. Have you ever gone to therapy?
Oh yes. I should probably start going again.
18. If you could have one super power what would it be?
That one the chick on Bewitched had – how cool would it be to just wiggle your nose and have shit be done? Really fucking cool, that’s how cool.
19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea?
I do – my bed is from IKEA. It’s the only place we could find an affordable platform bed. I luuuuurve IKEA.
20. Have you ever gone camping?
Yes. And I never will again. I hated everything about it.
21. Gas prices! First thought?
Hey, they’re coming down.
22. Your favorite cartoon character?
Bugs Bunny. He never fails to make me laugh.
23. What was your first car?
1980 (I think) Subaru GL coupe. Brown. Five speed. I loved that car and abused it mercilessly.
24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
Neither. I think I’m the only person in America who doesn’t like The Simpsons.
26. Do you go to church?
27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Henry VIII. I have a bit of an obsession with him.
28. What errand/chore do you despise?
I hate all of them equally. First thing I’d do if I hit the lottery is hire a cleaning service to come in every day. I HATE doing chores. Hate it.
29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Ugh, I have definitely not had enough sleep. Again.
30. Last time you puked from drinking?
31. What is your heritage?
Peruvian, German, English, Scottish and a tiny bit Irish. Mostly Peruvian.
32. Favorite flower?
Old-fashioned roses, the kind that smell divine and get all blowsy when they open. Lily-of-the-valley. Lilac. Johnny Jump Ups and violets.
33. Disney or Warner Bros?
Warner Brothers, hands down.
34. What is your best childhood memory?
We used to live in England. My father taught at a college in Leicestershire and he had to go to this very small castle (they really are all over the place there) to meet with someone. I was left to wander the grounds. It was a very misty day, typically English, and I walked thru the ruins of this castle, waiting and hoping that a rift in the fabric of time would open up and let me through. I used to hope for that on a regular basis. I had an over-active imagination as a child. I was always wandering off, hoping to get taken back in time.
Hmm. That’s not too cheerful, is it?
35. Your favorite potato chip?
Ketchup chips. I can’t find them anywhere down here.
Terra Chips. Mmmm. Good stuff.
36. What is your favorite candy?
Besides those chocolates referenced above, I’m very partial to sour candy – chewy Sweet Tarts, Lik-m-Aid, Pixie Stix, that sort of thing.
37. Do you burn or tan?
Tan. It’s the Peruvian thing.
38. Astrological sign?
39. Do you own a gun?
40. What do you think of hot dogs?
Sometimes you just have to eat one.